As the continent continues to grapple with the after-effects of the commodity price crash, various security crises and regulatory uncertainty, a few trends emerge. We will take a deep-dive into some political risk hotspots and assess emerging opportunities throughout the continent including:
- Nigeria’s 2019 election
- Dramatic reforms in Angola
- The risks of instability in Gabon and Congo
- The prospects for natural gas to fill the gap left by coal in South Africa
In this webinar, Ben Payton, Head of Africa Research and Maja Bovcon, Senior West Africa Analyst, discuss:
- How has the oil price downturn affected political risk in Africa and how are governments responding to rising prices?
- Which political risks are most important for producers to think about in 2018 and 2019?
- How do major oil and gas companies compare in their political risk exposure?