Listen to our webinar with our sister company, Wood Mackenzie, where we examine the challenges faced by investors as well as corporate decision-makers and policy setters when using ESG data to analyse and understand mining companies’ ESG performance and exposure and how these can potentially be addressed.
As part of the session, there is also an introduction of the newly developed ESG Risk Exposure Tool. This unique platform brings together industry-leading data sets from Verisk Maplecroft and Wood Mackenzie to generate actionable insight into the ESG and above-ground risk exposure of metals & mining assets around the world. Using key mining indicators including production, capex and revenue across a portfolio of commodities, it provides quantitative-led insights covering individual assets, mine-to-market value-chains and specific countries/regions for both the here-and-now and the future.
Through the webcast you’ll learn about:
- How and why ESG rating agencies are coming up with materially different results when assessing companies
- The implications for industry stakeholders when they ignore mining companies’ ESG ‘context’ during their assessments
- The emergence of new forms of ESG data that can provide investors with enhanced levels of insight into companies’ ESG performance and exposure
- Whether a purely data-led approach is ‘enough’ when trying to understand mining companies’ ESG risks/opportunities
- What the future looks like for ESG data analysis in the metals & mining space
- Gus MacFarlane, Head of Extractives, Verisk Maplecroft
- Simon Morris, Global Head of Metals Research, Wood Mackenzie